1. The install must be performed on the server running TARGIT ANTserver and the “Data Discovery” module must be a part of the license.
2. Ensure you have upgraded the browser on the server to at least IE10 and newer.
3. Ensure the following components (Windows Features) are installed:
4. Download the TARGIT Data Service installer from the TARGIT Download Center and execute the installer.
5. Choose the appropriate locales for your environment. If you primarily work with English files add English as the first option in the locale selection screen and add additional locales that you would meet, e.g. German. You can add as many as necessary and the parsing of dates etc. will be done according to the list.
6. When prompted to enter the URL for the administrative interface the “localhost” must be change to the name of the server where TARGIT Data Service resides. This URL is inserted into the connection string to Data Service in TARGIT Management and will be accessed by all Data Discovery-users through the TARGIT Windows Client
7. If a network proxy server is in use this will need to be filled out or external connections such as Quandl or Twitter will not be successful.
8. Once the installation is complete you will need to enable Data discovery administrator rights in Targit Management. If this is not done developer users will only be able to administer their own data sources and cubes.